On the eve of this week's sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time blessings on your door step! Cultivating a relationship takes time as most readers are familiar. We learn over time of the fidelity God has for each person.
Perhaps it was a surprise to read a resource link http://www.sancarlo.pcn.net/argomenti_inglese/pagina13.html on the Church teachings regarding the Mass
and Sunday observance addressing the question-What is the relationship between the Mass and daily life?:
- "it is the love appointment, weekly but also possibly daily, with the One who has given himself for us"
term, love appointment, with God can prompt an interesting dialogue. To sustain friendships we look forward to time with them who through over the
years deepens in its depth of understanding with many experiences. A true friend as the Book of Sirach points out is a treasure. Luke's Gospel puts us in the company of two of Christ's friends, Martha and Mary who are teaching us of the need of
proximity to the beloved. Sunday is a time to be with our beloved Lord and with those he sends to us or to whom he chooses to send us to.
The above website also resources the following:
"How is sunday sanctified?
participating in the Holy Mass ;
- And by dedicating oneself to those activities which permit one:
- to render worship to God (major time dedicated to personal and family prayer, meetings and readings of religious deepening,
visits to the cemetery...);
- to take care of one’s married, family and parental life;
- to assure proper and due rest of body and spirit;
- To dedicate oneself to works of charity, especially in the service of the sick, the aged,
the poor..." (Accessed 7.20.13)
We may benefit by asking how are we making time for an appointment of love with God? His mercy endures forever! His covenant is through salvation history. Are we hearing his voice?
The voice of those he sends our way? As we prepare for this Sunday let us be opened to the in breaking that God communicates. Pray for all travelers and in particular for all the World Youth Day participants and for all those who have requested
Help spread the word! www.reclaimsunday .net!